Contact info

Contact us for more information Ph: +(679) 330 4554 Fax: +(679) 330 4864 Email: Web:

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New FNPF and FRCA Joint Identity Card, Why you need it and How to get it?

Firstly I will start by saying that this is a great initiative by FNPF and FRCA to collaborate and provide its members and customers with a better service experience.

Why do you need the Joint Identity Card?

How many times have you:

  • Lost/misplaced your TIN letter spending hours trying to find it or visiting the FRCA office to get a new one printed for a fee.
  • Forgot to take your TIN letter with you to the Bank or LTA causing delay in getting the work done.

Having the new FNPF and FRCA joint Identity card will make it so much more convenient as you can easily carry it around with you (like your ATM/Credit card, Driver’s license etc) thus overcoming both inconvenience identified above.

Even better, new members will no longer be required to visit both institutions to register for their FNPF membership or Taxpayer number. You can now visit either (FNPF or FRCA) to register for your Tax Identification Number (TIN) or FNPF membership.

All employers will be required to have their employee’s obtain an ID card and update it on their payroll systems. Details of how to get the new ID card are below.

How to get the Joint Identity Card?

The rollout of the Joint ID card has already started from August. The rollout is undergoing in phases and the new card is being issued to all members around Suva first followed by the rest of the country.

Here is how to obtain your joint ID card:

  1. You can get a copy of the Joint Card Registration Form from FRCA website. You will be required to fill this form to register and obtain a new FRCA/FNPF Identification (ID) card.
  2. You will also need to submit a full extract of Birth Certificate, which has the birth registration number. Birth certificates that were issued prior to 2000, do not contain this
  3. Submission of the FNPF card.
  4. In the absence of the above, a photo ID such as the Electronic Voter Registration (EVR) card, Driving License, Passport, employee ID. The photo must be easily recognizable as a true likeness of the person.

Once you have the form filled with the other documents, you can visit the FNPF head office to submit your form and wait for the new ID card.

I hope you find this information useful.

To receive latest news and updates regarding payroll in Fiji, you can:

  1. Like our Standss Fiji Payroll Facebook page or
  2. Subscribe to our blog by filling the form on the right side pane and receive updates via email.